Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Tonight, I light a candle

Tonight -- I light a candle.



For me.

For you.

For you who are new to your loss and are barely holding on by a thread.

For you who lost your first, and wonder if you'll ever get to parent a living child.

For you who lost your last, and grieve the hole that you feel in your family.

For you who lost your child or children early in gestation, and sometimes wonder if your loss counts.

For you, who remember all to well (then some days, not enough) what it feels like to hold the shell of your child in your arms. Here -- but gone.

For you who have lost many children, and the pain and burden you feel is just overwhelming.

For you who have had years and years to heal, and yet your scar still sometimes bleeds, still sometimes scabs over.

For you who are missing a niece, a nephew, a grandchild, a cousin, or a godchild.

For you who are locking arms, holding tight, clinging to everyone around you for support.

For you who feel alone. Oh so alone.

For you who had to bury your child.

For you who never had a chance.



Tonight -- I light a candle for you and yours.



May you find some peace and comfort as you think of your babies tonight.

<3 Rachel

2 comments:

  1. I've said it before but I'm going to say it again: thank you, Rachel for giving us a voice and for permission to grieve. I didn't really think it was ok until I started reading your blog. Thank you for sharing Olivia, Caleb, Elliott and Sophie with all of us.
    -Celia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Celia for all your kind comments and for reading. I'm so glad that my blog is helping. Sending love... Rachel

      Delete