Thursday, September 18, 2014

Vacation, Baby Z, and an MRI

I'm sorry it's been so long since I posted. I have a million drafts that need finishing and reworking, and yet I'm struggling to get those done.

A few of you have emailed me your stories recently ... I'm sorry I have also not gotten back with you, but I have read them, and I appreciate you taking the time to write. 

Life has been a little crazy lately. 

Baby Z moved in about a month ago, and life has gotten jam-packed with appointments, home visits and phone calls. He is a darling baby, but not the best sleeper yet.


As for me ... I've been having some medical issues going on. Numbness, tingling, pins and needles, fatigue, muscle weakness and pain have been spreading through my body slowly over the last 7 weeks. 

It started with my finger, and has progressed. At almost all times, my hands, lips, tongue, and throat feel numb or tingly. Usually at least one arm or one leg is also affected. My limbs fall asleep so easily ... Standing, sitting, walking... It doesn't seem to matter. 

Right now, they are thinking it's Vitamin B12 deficiency. (My numbers are in normal range, but still on the lower side.) I'm getting shots in the bum every 2 weeks for who knows how long. 

Yesterday, I had an MRI done. They are looking for either brain lesions, which would signify MS. Or a brain tumor. 

I get the results back late this afternoon, and I feel nervous about that. So far, the shots haven't eased up my symptoms any ... But if it is just a deficiency, it may still take a few weeks to start showing results. 

Also, I just returned home from a "vacation" with my best friend Robin. I can't keep my eyes open much longer, so I'm just going to post some pics of my time there:










Both of Robin's boys can after Olivia and our journey of infertility. I really had a hard time "celebrating" with her during her pregnancies. And she was more than sensitive to me about it by almost never posting pregnancy photos or complaining. I was nervous at first when she asked me to come help out with baby. But everything turned out great. 


Ok, I'll update here once I know results from my MRI today.

1 comment: