Thursday, June 5, 2014

Misty's Story: Abortion at 14 and remembered 28 years later


Thank you, Misty, for opening up about your story. I can't imagine having to make such a heart-breaking choice at 14. Thinking of you and your sister, and remembering your babies with you.
Much love,

Rachel


My name is Misty. I have experienced loss by choice (which was the right choice for me at age 14). I didn't know the sex of my child so there is no name. There is, however, the memory of a child that I still think about almost 28 years later.

I also suffered with my sister when she delivered stillborn at 27 weeks. My sister's daughter was named Elon Tenea and she is missed dearly after nearly 10 years. 

I now have three living children as well as a grandbaby. My sister has a son who is almost twenty. My sister and I are pro-lifers. I agree that the loss of a child, regardless of the stage, is the most heart wrenching ordeal one can ever go through. 

No one can understand this unless they themselves have been through it. 

Your story is insightful even to someone who has been in both situations like myself. Thank you for sharing and God bless you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment